Cheating may be a deal-breaker in your relationship, or it may not, depending on the circumstances. There are lots of different factors to consider, and emotions at stake. Handle a cheating boyfriend by following these 10 steps.
1. Acknowledge and accept your feelings of anger, sadness and disappointment over the betrayal.
2. Don’t blame yourself for his actions. Remember that you can’t be responsible for anyone’s behavior other than your own.
3. Try to set aside your emotions and look at the situation from an outsider’s point of view. What advice would you give to your friend?
4. Evaluate whether his behavior has permanently destroyed your trust in him and in your relationship. Do you believe he won’t repeat his actions in the future?
5. Confront your boyfriend and tell him exactly how you feel about his actions. Let him know that cheating is not acceptable behavior in your relationship.